AC WORKS™ Connector — Electrical Fires

Avoiding Electrical Fires at Home

Posted by Christopher Hahn on

While using electrical appliances and regular household items is safe, there are some practices that we tend not to think of that can help prevent electrical fires at home. When it comes to electrical cords or extension cords, always be sure to check that they are not worn or frayed. If a copper wire is exposed, the passing current can heat up its surroundings which could potentially lead to shock or even a fire. It is best to discard any cords with an exposed wire. A good tip to keep cords from getting worn or frayed is to hold the plug...

Read more →