If you have an older house, built before 1996 with a 3-prong dryer outlet, and are using a new dryer, with a 4-prong dryer plug. You can use part number S10301430-018 to power your dryer. Because the outlet you have does not allow your dryer to become grounded, our adapter also has that grounding solution for you. Plug the grounding pin, from our adapter cord, into your household outlet and your dryer will be grounded. Please follow the directions below:
1. Plug in both ends of the adapter; the 4-prong plug from your dryer into the 4-prong female end of this adapter, and the 3-prong plug into the dryer outlet in the house.
2. Grab the grounding pin on the green 5-foot cable and plug it into the grounding hole in any regular household outlet near your dryer.
3. If a household outlet is unavailable, there are still ways to ground your dryer. With a heavy-duty metal clamp (Not Included), you can clamp the grounding pin to a nearby metal pipe.
4. You can also use an adjustable galvanized hose clamp (Not Included) to attach the grounding pin to a nearby metal pipe. Use a screwdriver to tighten the clamp over the pin.
5. You can also remove the pin and attach a 12-10 AWG ring terminal (Not Included). With a self-drilling metal screw, you can attach the grounding wire to a part of your home’s metal frame.
IF THE GROUNDING PIN IS NOT INSERTED FULLY INTO THE OUTLET YOUR DRYER WILL NOT BE GROUNDED.
**In 1996, the National Electric Code was updated to require 4-prong dryer outlets in ALL new homes.
Share this post
- 2 comments
- Tags: 2017, 2018, 2019, 4 prong adapter to 3 prong, 4 prong to 3 prong, 4 prong to 3 prong adapter, 4 to 3 prong, 4 to 3 prong adapter, 4 to 3 prong dryer outlet, 4 to 3 prongs, 4-3 prong, 4-prong, 4-prong adapter, 4-prong adapters, 4-prong connectors, 4-prong dryer outlet, AC Works, AC Works brand, AC WORKS™ Ground Wire, Clothes Dryer Outlet, Customer Service, Dryer, Dryer Aapters, dryer adapter, Dryer Adapter Solutions, Dryer Adapter with Ground Wire, Dryer Grounding, Dryer Grounding Adapter, Dryer Outlet, Dryer Outlet Adapter, dryer outlet solutions, Dryer Outlets, Dryer Relocation, Dryer Solutions, electric dryer, Electrical Safety, Flexible Dryer Adapter, Green Ground Wire, Ground Dryer, Grounding, Grounding Adapter, Grounding Pin, Grounding Pin Adapter, Grounding Safety, Grounding Wire, Grounding Your Dryer, Grouning Pin, Household Dryer, Household Dryer Outlet, Household Power, How to Ground Your Dryer, New House Old Dryer, old dryer, old dryer adapter, old dryer new home, old style dryer outlet, old style dryer outlet in home, Plug, Power, Power Solutions, Products, Residential Power, Residential Use, Safety, Safety Tips, Technical